Monday, May 5, 2014

Bootleg doll review : 12" sparkling princess bootleg Snow White

Hey...It has been quite a long time since I last "posted" but yeah Im back LOL!
I am so sorry that I am so inconsistent when it comes to posting!I have been busy with college enrollment and I have been broke.I only acquired 2 new dolls in the times passed. One of them is this sparkling princess bootleg snow white that I am going to review today.
                                      

So first things first,a little info about this doll,this doll is a bootleg copy of Mattel's "disney sparkling princess" doll line.Now,that particular line(DSP for short) has changes yearly,sometimes its just the dress,or sometimes the face or maybe even both.The design of this doll was from around possibly before 2010. Anywho, here's some pics of her packaging :
Front View
                                                                     

Back View
Side View
Close ups:
Random text at the back of the box.
Calandra?
So on to the de-boxing.As with most cheap bootleg dolls(by the way she costs 150 php,which is around 3 USD more or less) she is only held by one twist tie and the box is usually sealed by scotch tape. It was kinda easy to de-box her without wrecking the whole box,snipping things and what-nots.It only took me like 15 seconds to do it.



Before I show Snow White free from her box,I'd like to admire the backdrop thing she was tied to,Its just too cute! It features a castle wall background(probably the one in the dinner scene from the little mermaid) 
based on my research,it was from Beauty and The Beast's catle and a bunch of swirls.

So Anyways,On to the doll!


I have to say though,if you can see the pattern on the skirt,there are apples printed on it which is cute.Sadly its the only pattern this bootleg line has(more on that later).The pattern however,just like mattel dolls,does not continue at the back.
innaccurate shoes
Now heres the deal with these knock-offs,they come with random red shoes.I find it quite weird that they are always red.
They look cute though.
Anyways lets talk hair! Her hair isnt like the norm for snow white dolls,Her hair is curly and LONG(for a snow white).It's styled in a ponytail and it has a silver tiara(same crown for everyone in this line).No trace of styling product is found,however it tangles easily at the ends and the hair can easily be pulled out.Why do I know that? because my past 3 dolls hairs were well,"not as pretty as they used to be".


As for the clothes,I think it's ok. It feels cheap,but not to the extent that it feels like paper.Also I find it interesting that SW sleeves are 2 layers! The underlayer is red while on top is a teal fabric with holes. The collar also has a separate velcro,which is weird .

I wouldn't do an un-dressing since shes the average doll that has 7 points of articulation(head and arms turn,legs cant split and has click joints inside).Instead Im just gonna show you a picture of my dolls from the same line and the dolls they copied.


 



Their clothes are almost the same(except for the bootleg's tiaras and shoes,originally all of them had the exact same tiara and random red shoes).There were also cinderella and "belle" versions of the fakes but I did not buy them because :
a. I intend to buy the 2012/2013 mattel cinderella doll that has the prettiest glass slippers
b. I already have a real Belle doll
c. The bootleg belle doll was actually a jasmine doll in belle's dress
d. The cinderella bootleg's dress looks like the one pictured above,only with an ugly shade of blue.

Other than that I dont have much to say.Final verdict? These dolls are OK as alternatives.They are cheap,both in price and quality,but they do their thing.They probably would suit a little kid who doesnt care much about the toy's appearance.I must warn you that the quality of these dolls are very low,the dress may easily be torn if not careful and the hair is tangle prone and can be easily pulled out.But then again,it's the kid who judges the toy,if it gets as much love,it might just last ;).that's all for today I guess!
Thanks for viewing!

Someday my prince will come~


1 comment:

  1. You are right. These are good alternatives. Most people in our
    country won't pay for original princess doll that are expensive.

    Here, she is just 109 Php. Cheaper here in Mindanao, huh.

    ReplyDelete