Saturday, October 25, 2014

Bootleg Doll review : “Linglier” Fashion Doll, a Barbie Fashionistas fake


Yo.

Heeeeeyy, long time no see! I’m still alive, lol. It’s been quite a long time since I have last posted something here and well, that’s because I go to college now, I was quite busy with school and I couldn’t have time to post anything or even take pictures of dolls for my reviews . Today I am going to show you one of the dolls I acquired during the time I was gone. This one is called “Linglier Fashion Dolls” and it is a knock-off of the Barbie fashionistas dolls.


I found her in a warehouse-like shop that sells stuff from divisoria somewhere in Imus,Cavite, I forgot what the shop’s name was though. Anyways, the toy section there was a mix of outdated stuff and new stuff, but the section was really small, and most of the items sold there can be easily found outside of the shop. I was really bored that time so I decided to search behind some stuff there until I found some weirdly posed dolls behind a big knock-off Barbie wardrobe playset (which was quite tempting but a little bit too expensive for a wardrobe with cheaply made clothes and a boring looking doll). There was only one style of this doll and there was like, 5-6 dolls I found and they all had the same stuff. I tried to search around the box to see how much it is but a price tag was not found. So I went to the cashier and asked how much it is, and the question was passed to one of the employees, to the other, and the other, until someone priced it for P95(that’s approximately $2.50 USD more or less).  95 pesos. Deep inside my mind was “Ermahgerd! Cheapest boxed articulated doll evah!!!! I want it nooooww!!!!” so I went back to the cashier and she told me that there was an ongoing discount thingy so I got the doll for 91 pesos. Not much of a difference, but still she is one of the cheapest doll I ever bought (brand new that is). I actually went back the next week so I can buy a new one for a review since I was so excited to play with the first one that I broke its hand(more on that later). So tl;dr (too long; didn't read) or Long Story short, I accidentally found this doll, it was cheap, I bought it. Yeah, it’s a little late for that but yeah, I’m random sometimes.xD

On to the doll!!
front view 
Back View

It’s “box” is actually made of plastic, It copied he real ones quite well, its shape, the background, the free app thingy(which is a lie in this case)and other stuff. I have mixed feelings for this package, I like it because it’s transparent and you can see everything that the doll seems to offer but then, I hate it because it’s one of those annoying packages that need strong, sharp scissors to be opened, I actually cut myself on accident on opening the first doll. Anyways, the package shows that there is a doll,a bag, a hairbrush, and a pet turtle. Here are more box details:




 I think they tried to copy racquelle(the black haired doll)






Since this was my second time opening, I learned my lesson and I used my father’s really sharp cutter and cut through the back of the box:


Then I pulled out the cardboard thing out of the plastic box. Here’s the thing though, getting the cardboard out the plastic box is one thing, getting the doll out of the cardboard is another. Luckily though, it was just a few elastic strings holding her neck, feet, and accessories (turtle and brush), a tape on each hand, and one twist tie on her bag and she is free...

she levitates, lol




...Well, sort of
there's a hard plastic strip sewn on her hair.. :(
She has this weird thing sewn on her hair, I’ve seen something like this on my simba belle doll, except it wasn’t sewn on. What I did was pull the thread and pull off the plastic.

Her hair was quite nice after that, at first it looks like plastic, but when you brush/comb her hair frequently, it would look more like hair. The hair is curly and is in a pretty platinum blonde color with a hint of purple hair coming out of the middle part of the doll’s hair going to the right (the dolls left). The rooting is pretty standard for a fake doll though, there are hairs rooted around her head, she has a middle part in her hair, and there are a few lines of rooted hair inside that area(not pictured, sorry).
 
Her face is pretty awkward looking if you look far, but in close-ups it looks quite nice. She has dark green eyes with matching eyeshadow, some Barbie-ish pink lips, and brown eyebrows. I think her face mold is the one used for racquelle dolls, although I am not sure.


Her outfit consists of a colorful one-piece dress (the front is made out of a stretchy fabric and multi-colored tinsel, it actually feels like a stretchy steel wool, the skirt part  is a  different fabric, it’s blue and has a flower print while the back is plain a pink fabric), one complaint I have tho is that since her skirt is a different fabric, this limits her leg movement, making it hard for her to walk.





She also has a butterfly necklace (which was hot glued on her,I removed it but it left a mark)

, 2 silver bracelets (one on each hand)
, a pair of red shoes (which do not fit her well)(these were also the exact same pair that my ariel and aurora fakes had)


And then there’s this thing,At first, I thought they were leggings, instead they’re this weird stocking thingies, I discovered that it was packaged just below her skirt. Very smart bootleggers.

In my opinion though, her overall outfit sort of looks like a fusion of a teacher’s uniform and the style of clown’s clothes. It looks weird on her though....actually it looks weird on all of my dolls.

Next are her accessories:
First is a big pink hairbrush, it has a working handle for the dolls to hold. It has a beautiful molded detail of roses at the back and it is quite useful as a hair brush.

It looks like something that Princess Belle would have
Next is a pink handbag, it has a long plastic strap and it has cute molded details of folds, and well, it looks like a bag that a normal person would have, it doesn’t open though.



Last but not the least, is her really cute green turtle. It has painted details on its face and shell, and surprisingly, its head has articulation, one of its feet has this weird hole though. The pet was really cute and it feels heavy and I never would’ve thought I would like it. And since I have 2 of these sets, I now have 2 turtles, yay! lol.









Speaking of ARTICULATION, this doll has 12 points of articulation. we’ll be starting to show it to you from head to toe(or knee, since that’s where the articulation ends,lol).

Starting from her head, it can only move from left to right, the doll cannot look up or down. This is because the neck doesn’t have a hook thingy that real barbies have. However, this does give her the advantage of easily popping her head off for a body swap, sadly though it makes it easier for the head to fall off if you brush the hair too hard....

Next is the chest joint, this can make the doll’s chest move to the side, front and back, sadly it’s so loose that I gave up trying to even manage taking a picture of it. The doll’s shoulders and elbows can move up, down and around. Her hands can only rotate and not move up and down, I broke my other doll’s hand by forcing it to move up but the joint on the hand is very delicate and the hand just snapped.
robot dance,lol


As for her hips, she can do front-back and side splits. Her Legs can only move up and down unlike the real fashionistas that can spin at the legs, still she can sit and kneel like a pro. The hip and leg joints are really flimsy though since they are really loose, and the doll tends to flop around like a ragdoll at times you want to pose her. One issue though is that since her joints are so loose, sometimes when she sits, she tends to fall over.







At the end, I decided to dress her up in a dress I sewn from a sock, and a random pair of pinks heels from a knock-off shoe pack that fit her better than her stock shoes.







I ended up liking the doll and named her “Ling”, short for linglier(but I won’t even call her that xD). My Final thoughts?

Even though the doll has issues like loose joints, the outer plastic packaging, annoying clothes etc., I think this is definitely more for the price I paid (91 pesos). There are lots of things that I like about this doll, like its soft hair, its accessories, the turtle and many more. I wouldn’t really recommend this doll for body swapping since its joints are flimsy, but if you have patience and delicate hands, I think you can manage. Like I always say, I do not encourage anyone to buy counterfeit products, the real one is always better in terms of quality, but hey, if you’re looking for a doll that you can play around with that’s cheaper than most knock-off dolls out there and you found this one for the same cheap price that I did (or maybe even cheaper), then why not? I hope you enjoyed, thank you for reading and have a nice day!  :DD

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment and the follow, ohh now, my dad won't do that, cause I unfurtunately don't have one... but neither my grandmother/mother would do that. They are dolls from my collection, I don't actually play with them (but I miss those times).

    I want to follow you but I can't find the button to follow you :x or maybe you didn't had it to your blog yet sweetie, when you do tell me and I will follow you right away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a great find!

    (I discovered your blog while Googling to try to identify an articulated Barbie knock-off that I found at Goodwill. Ling is not she, alas.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is called “Linglier Fashion Dolls” and it is a knock-off of the Barbie fashionistas dolls. I found her in a warehouse-like shop that sells ... tbarbiefashionistas.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete